Why IMO Doesn’t Work in USA?
IMO is an app that allows you to video chat with friends and family for free. All you need is an internet connection and a phone number. Anyone can download it, no matter where they are in the world. but unfortunately, When you try to use the IMO app in USA, you’ll encounter an error message that says The IMO calling and messaging app does not work in your country yet. Sorry about that!
But Why IMO Doesn’t Work in USA? What should you do then? Is there any way to solve this issue? These questions came up among the IMO users recently, and there are some speculations that the app doesn’t work in some specific countries, including the United States. The truth is that it works fine in America, but there are some issues with US-based phone numbers, which need to be corrected first before using the application on your phone. We will try to explain what you need to do to get it working properly here, so don’t worry – everything can be easily fixed!
Why IMO Doesn’t Work in USA?
IMO is not officially banned in the USA. The following may be some reasons for IMO not working in the US:
- The IMO app does not have enough space on your phone to work properly.
- Maybe you aren’t using stable WiFi or mobile data.
- You don’t have internet access.
- Or maybe you’re using an old version of your Android.
- Some businesses, schools, or colleges might block IMO on their network.
How do you make IMO work in USA?
- IMO requires an active Wi-Fi connection or data connection. Please turn these on before trying again.
- Please check if IMO shows any error messages when launching
- Update to the recent Android version. And please make sure to restart your device after updating.
- you can use a VPN if it is restricted in some areas.
- If none of these steps worked, it might be possible that there is a bug in your IMO app. In this situation, we will suggest you reinstall the app.
If you are still facing the issue, you can contact customer support.
Is IMO blocked in the USA?
No, it is not officially banned in the USA. The call and messaging functions work the same way as in other countries. However, It does have an internet-based version that can be used on PCs (just like Skype).
Is IMO Better than Skype, Whatsapp or Messenger apps?
No matter how big the world becomes, you never stop missing your loved ones. Apps like Skype and Messenger give us the luxury of connecting with our loved ones anytime we want. But we can’t compare these apps. All of them have their own interesting features. It all depends on your requirements. If Skype or Messenger fulfils your needs, you can still use them. Otherwise, IMO can be used.
Does IMO work without SIM?
Yes, IMO works without SIM. You don’t need to have a sim while using the app. But for creating an account, you need a phone number or Sim Card. You can also use a visual number with the help of TextMe.
What are some IMO best alternatives?
The following are some alternatives that can be utilized when IMO is not working.
- Facebook Messenger
- Vonage Mobile
- WeChat (For China)
- Google Voice
Can I use the same IMO account on 2 phones?
Yes, you can use the same IMO account on 2 phones. This is for personal use only and should not be shared with irrelevant persons.
If you liked the article, share your thoughts in the comment section below. We would love to hear from you. Also share the article with someone you know who is facing the same issue.